Family Reading Partners (FRP) seeks to increase family literacy in Orange County, North Carolina, focusing on children ages birth through 5 years.
We provide opportunities and modeling for parents and children to read and talk about books together while adding quality books to their home collections.
• Parents are their children’s first and most important teachers.
• All children need to own books and have conversations around them with family.
• Exposure to quality literature expands language, vocabulary and ultimately, the child’s world.
• Parents and children reading and talking about books together increases academic success. It is important to have these conversations in their native tongue.
• Reading books with children enriches family life and increases the bond between a parent and a child.